Jul 15, 2008

I can be a bit of a sexist...

...but, I’m not a creep.

At the very least I work really, really hard in life not to be the subject of that story that each woman seems to have. Women will know all too well what I’m talking about. Each women I’ve ever met has the story of that one guy, the guy who wouldn’t take the hint.

Men are really bad at hints ladies.

I’m not using that to excuse bad behavior because there isn’t an excuse for it but the whole mating dance is so complicated there is bound to be confusion. Confusion though doesn’t excuse being a creep.

Most of my old girlfriends who want nothing to do with me just ignore me. That works for me in a sense. I mean, I’d like to think you could remain friends with the people you swapped bodily fluids with but all too often that just isn’t the case. I may drop someone an email from time to time or a card for their birthday or something but I won’t show up on someone’s doorstep unannounced.

I never liked that kind of drama and as time has gone on I find I like drama of any kind less and less.

So, today I got around to reading one of the blogs in the sidebar. Sometimes, with some blogs I’ll just go and scan a little bit and not really read them thoroughly. RKB’s blog is like that but I saw something today that gave me pause.

Apparently she has some kind of ‘stalker,’

Maybe the guy’s not a stalker. Maybe he’s just one of those incredibly socially inept people who doesn’t know how to interact with others in any semblance of normalcy. Certainly he isn’t aware that calling the cell phone of someone you’ve had little to do with is a big invasion of someone’s privacy. My hope is that is all that it is.

RKB writes about sex... big whoop.

I’m not casting aspersions on her writing but, what I’m saying is that certain assumptions shouldn’t be made just because of the subject matter she writes about. Like... I don’t know, maybe like because a woman writes about sex that maybe she’ll just spread her legs for anyone.

I mean... honestly!

So, I’m reading the stuff she got from stalker dude and it kinda looks like he doesn’t see the difference.

One part of me is like, ‘OH GREAT! ANOTHER AS*$&LE GIVING MY GENDER A BAD NAME’

Seriously.

And then another part of me is thinking, ‘Time for someone to get a good a##-whoopin.’

Some of the people in the comments section of her blog were talking about guns, under the circumstances it sounded a bit like a nuclear option to swat a fly. Guns are a bit of a touchy subject, shot someone and you’re creating a mess. A good a##-whoopin however can be handled much more discretely and still manage to get it’s message across in a very direct and clear manner without all the mess.

How do I know?

Umm... I’ve done it.

It’s not something I’m proud of and I won’t go into the gory details but on more than one occasion if necessary I’ve taken the steps necessary to stop onerous behavior by other members of my gender. You’d be surprised at how easily it works.

Why?

Well, guys like that are usually bullies. They count on bullying people who they think they are bigger and stronger than. In those cases as much as I hate to say it, the easiest way to solve the situation is to respond in kind.

No comments: